Updated: a day ago
It's been a wild and wooly couple of weeks Y'all. But I've found that very few things can put me in a good mood like good music. And well, country music is the very best America has to offer. Today I dusted off some old vinyls I inherited awhile ago, and started spinning them indiscriminately..
There were a few that were just god awful..like seriously BAD!! But for the most part, the musical pirouettes circling my immediate air space were refreshing, and very welcomed. Among the worthy tunesmiths was a rather interesting take on genetics, and it's role on good looks. "You're The Reason Why Our Kids Are Ugly" is an unfortunate truth for some. Love may cover most ills, but not that one.
All kidding aside, the song made me think about how honest, and straightforward country music tends to be. I think we invented the pun, and take extra doses of creative license when expressing lyrically our disdain for a cheating spouse, and other awkward situations.We also tend to look for the silver lining in a cloud even, if all we see is rain.
What follows is a list of 15 country song titles that made me check my ears. Did he really say that? Some are down right hilarious, and others are well unfortunate. All in all these songs will put a smile on your face or at the very least make you chuckle. Lord knows we need a chuckle every now, and then.
1) We Never Killed Each Other (But Didn't We Try?)- Dallas Wayne
2) “I’m So Miserable Without You, It’s Just Like Having You Around” by Billy Walker
3) “Drop Kick Me Jesus (Through the Goal Posts of Life)” by Bobby Bare
4)“If You Won’t Be My Number One, Number Two on You” by Roger Miller
5) Flushed from the bathroom of you-johnny Cash
6) I Wouldn't Take Her to a Dogfight (Cause I'm Afraid She'd Win) —Charlie Walker
7) Rusty Ford: I Miss You But My Aim's Improving
8) Who's Gonna Take the Garbage Out (When I'm Dead And Gone?) —Loretta Lynn and Ernest Tubb,
9) Get Your Tongue Out of My Mouth Because I’m Kissing You Goodbye” by Ray Stevens
10) How Can I Miss You If You Won't Go Away-. Eldon Hunt
11) PMS I Guess-Jerry Reed
12)The Notorious Cherry Bombs - It's Hard To Kiss The Lips At Nigh
13) Today's The Day My Wife Met My Girlfriend-
14) She Only Likes Me For My Willie- Paul Overstreet
15) She Got The Ring And I Got The Finger —Chuck Mead,
Spread good country music around, and share with the social media links below. Also, don't forget to follow the blogger on Twitter: Listen to more good country music hereCheck out our interviews on Pandora